Sunday, March 9, 2014

Shopping the House for Bathroom Decor

Well, the vanity tops are ready, but we haven't picked them up yet. I know, crazy, right? Justin is too busy to install them, and there's really no place to put them in the house until he can, so I've been patiently waiting. It will take both of us and two vehicles to bring the tops safely home.  I've had a little anxiety that they're not going to have the right sink with the right holes for the faucets.

I need to be more positive.

In the meantime, I shopped my house and found these two white shelves to put in the guest bathroom. They used to be in my craft room, but after I moved my desk into the center of the room, the shelves ended up behind a cabinet. I've been thinking about where to relocate them for a while. I guess it was meant to be.



There's not a lot of depth between the shower and wall so these floating shelves were actually quite perfect. No money spent. Yay! I love shopping my house.

Before:


After:



The shelves hold items I used to keep on the counter, plus some soap and a clock. I'm still playing with the arrangement. I grabbed the basket I used to keep on the floor with rolls of toilet paper in it, and swapped the tissue for towels.  Everything conveniently located, in case my guests forget something.



Last week, I bought a new shower liner and bleached the curtain. I swear it shrinks a couple inches every time I wash it! Reminds me of my childhood growth spurts. Aww...so sad. Maybe I can remedy that.

Hmmm...what else can I move around? Sometimes rearranging and repurposing is all you need to make things feel fresh and new. I love NOT spending money.

~Amber

1 comment:

riley2 said...

Perfect! I love the bathroom swap out. Really pretty and useful