Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Decorations - The Master Suite

Decorating my bedroom for Christmas was one of my favorite things to do as a kid. My sister and I shared a room most of our childhood and we had a little faux tree we got to decorate with our colored lights and cast-off ornaments. Our mom let us help with the big tree too, but we liked having our own personal Christmas night light. I guess I haven't really grown up because I still enjoy it!

This year, my bedroom has just a touch of Christmas with the tree and pillows.



 I wrapped my handmade stocking garland around the tree this year, to mix it up a bit from last year. I liked the stockings across my headboard but I'll need to find another way to secure them in the future. I kept having nightmares the stocking holders were going to fall on my head while I was sleeping!

 
I kept it simple and neutral by adding some of my up-cycled ornaments, silver beads, jewels, and topped it off with a burlap bow.
 
 

I finished another chalk art pillow and decided to put it on my bed: "The Stars are Brightly Shining."




And just for the fun of it, I grabbed some cotton scraps and made these wonky little stars to go with it. That's why they're so wee! Aren't they cute? I pinned on some jute twine to the back of them because I thought I might hang them. Not this year, but maybe in the future.


I'm a little obsessed with my initial mugs from Anthropologie: A giftie from my sissy the Christmas I got engaged.

 
 
I wish these cookies were homemade. I'm going to my parents in a few days to stay right up until Christmas Eve, so I only made ONE batch of cookies: Pecan Tassies for Justin. He already polished them all off!  These gingersnaps are very photogenic though. Mmmmm...I'm getting hungry!



Hope you're enjoying all the wonderful things this season brings!

~Amber

Don't miss the other rooms on this tour:

The Entryway

A Meaningful Tree - The Living Room

1 comment:

thistlewoodfarm said...

Hello sweet friend! Just stopping by to say hello and to say thank you for the wonderful comment on the blog! Love, love, love that pillow. :)

Happy day to you!
karianne