Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Decorations - The Entryway

"Joy to the World, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room.
And heaven and nature sing,
And heaven and nature sing,
And heaven, and heaven, and nature sing"
- Joy to The World


Time to deck the halls! First stop on the tour: The Entryway






Now that my living room is complete, I've been anxious to get my Christmas decorations up. I actually went out on Black Friday just so I could get some fresh greenery from Lowe's. I've never gone the fresh route before. I'm experimenting this year.  Luckily, it wasn't very busy. I was looking for Paper white bulbs but ended up with this lovely poinsettia instead. I thought it would fit perfectly in that vintage bucket, but I was wrong. I totally had to re-pot it and add those plastic bulbs around the base.  Oh? You thought I did that on purpose? Nope. Just rolling with the punches.  The shatter proof ornaments are great for applications likes this where something will get wet. I added some to my outdoor wreath (above) as well.



I know the clock kinda sticks out against all this blingy silver and mercury glass, but it was a wedding gift from my Mother-in-Law and it plays the prettiest Christmas music. Since this is the electronic free room, it makes the most sense to put it here.


I found this carved nativity from Home Goods last year. I'm kind of picky about my nativities. I still haven't found one I really love.  I  broke up my sterling silver nativity set that I've had for years and placed the figurines under glass.  If you want to make something special, all you have to do is put it under glass. How I do like a cloche.


My husband and I went to Nick's, our local garden nursery, for their Holiday Open House this weekend. I go there all summer, but this was a first and it was so gorgeous. I was totally inspired! I picked up a huge bundle of evergreen boughs and found paper white bulbs there. They take some time to grow though, so I am very glad I purchased the poinsettia to fill the space in the meantime. I added the evergreens to the table to pull everything together.  It smells great in here, by the way.





That's all for now. Come back later to see the rest.

~Amber

No comments: