Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's the Hold Up?!

"The only advantage in not being too good a housekeeper is that your guests are so pleased to feel how very much better they are."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

There's nothing worse than starting a new venture and getting stalled virtually right from the beginning. I think in my excitement, I may have jumped the gun. I'm working on projects and finishing them; I just don't have anywhere to stage them! The main floor is completely under construction with our hardwood install. It's been months, but my husband just hasn't had the time and he remodels for a living, so he's not as motivated as me. To make matters more complicated for him, we decided to build built-ins in the Family room.  All my furniture is smooshed in the front two formal rooms or piled in the guest room. Honestly, my home is a disaster area, which is not condusive to staging all my crafts and furniture refinishing. The most unfortunate part is that we can't entertain and have anyone over. We are up to our eyeballs in projects! It's taking a long time, because we're doing it by ourselves, but we're saving a ton of money and I honestly don't know where we'd put all our stuff if we had a crew do it all at once.


It's a unique installation. We're alternating three and five inch wide prefinished oak planks.




Dusty and dirty but it will be worth it in the end.  I just stenciled that entry wall before I repainted a darker cream. I don't want to paint over it, but I think it clashes now. Any thoughts?




On a positive note, an unfinished kitchen floor means I can paint there without worrying about making a mess;-) I started painting my craft table this week and I'm experimenting with some resin accessories.



Check out the "My Home" page to see these rooms before we ripped them up. I'm thinking a yard sale may be in order before bringing everything back in. Like a certain black leather couch...

~Amber

No comments: