Sunday, July 28, 2013

Still Dreaming...in the Kitchen

The most expensive dream space in the whole house is, no surprise, the kitchen. My dream kitchen is and always has been WHITE. I'm not complaining or anything. This kitchen is a good size and the cabinets are in pretty good shape. That's one of the reasons why I haven't already painted them - I have a hard time painting something that ain't broke. The doors and the toe kick are starting to show wear, but luckily that doesn't show up in a photo. I wish I had a pre-construction pic. At least the front door is painted and in place. So embarrassing!



But as long as we're dreaming....anything goes, right?  Painting the cabinets is a tedious project I'm not even close to being ready for, but it would really transform the space for little money.  Once again, I found this inspiration on Google images. LOVE the two tone look. It looks so bright and happy.


Of course, solid surface counters would be nice too:-) I like Venetian Gold and Santa Celia granite with a classic white subway tile back splash. Pretty sure a yard sale won't raise the funds for that. Darn it! Maybe some day.  Anyone else have plans/dreams for their kitchen?

P.S. I'm getting supplies for a really cool DIY light fixture for the kitchen as we speak! I'm super excited about it!!!!!


~Amber

No comments: