Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Antiques and Supply Run

I needed a few supplies for a couple of projects I'm starting so I headed off to the antique mall and Home Goods today. Sometimes it's harder going to these places when you're looking for something specific. Why is that? Sure enough, I couldn't find one of the items I was looking for at the antique mall. So aggravating when I just saw what I needed at French flea market a month ago. Arg.

 I did find two early 1900's December issues of Ladies Home Journal, though. Random, right? Of course I had to grab them or they won't be there when I'm looking for them. Anyway.. Even the advertisements are pretty, because everything was hand drawn back then.  I don't mind reproduction vintage papers, but the real deal is so cool and actually less expensive. Old paper is a crafters best friend. Some sort of Christmas project awaits them. The wheels are turning... Sorry I can't show a picture - Copyright and all that. You'll have to take my word for it.

 I did find the second item on my list and that was this Food Dome (I don't know what the technical name for it is). I looked all over the antique mall but couldn't find the right sort of basket for my project. I knew I could find something vintage looking at Home Goods. And I did. I'm really excited about this project. I just need to order a couple more things. Eeeeee! I can't wait to show you. Stay tuned.
 

I also made a small purchase getting muslin and foam at Hobby Lobby.

 On a side note, it keeps raining every time I attempt to sand my desk top. Yesterday, it was sunny all day, but as soon as I set a table up outside and got the sander, it started raining! I'm actually happy about the moisture, but the timing is impeccable. Tonight we even had a tornado warning.  It won't take much time at all to finish it up so I promise pictures soon.

~Amber

1 comment:

riley2 said...

looks like it would make a cool lamp shade!